Project: Global SDG School Challenge
We wish to see entire schools Live the SDGs in Action, involving their community and citizenry, like their teen hero*ine peers do; and with them.
[In partnership with YOUTH-LEADER]
The Global SDG School Challenge challenges schools to take action on each of the 17 SDGs, with tangible impact on lives and land, based on their students’ choice from 200 missions pioneered by outstanding teenage and adult changemakers, with a few more additional essential activities, such as exhibit, club, crash course, documentation that support the Challenge’s success.
Missions, media sets, project partners and coaches are provided by the global YOUTH-LEADER network.
The Challenge is predominantly student-powered soft, non-formal holistic curriculum that unites all subjects, classes, years, also teachers, parents and partners in a common quest with many swift, exciting, impactful activities, drawing on skills, funds, in-kind support and more accessible and untapped in any community of citizens.
Teachers’ role is to inspire, encourage, support and oversee progress
- by including role model stories in subjects
- by encouraging students to take action on their favorite causes
- by providing space and time for a Changemaker Student Club Headquarter that also serves as Learnspace
- by helping students manage a Challenge Tracker on activities, goals and progress
- by organizing extracurricular activities aligned with their passion
They can gain training, coaching skills and get accompanied by YL Coaches as part of a global community.